We would like to congratulate our Tom on the birth of his new son this weekend. Many congratulations from everyone here at Premier Oak Buildings.
We are currently recruiting for a trainee planner/designer to join the team here at Premier Oak Buildings.
Our projects cover the full range of oak timber frame buildings, from new build homes and extensions to outbuildings such as garages, car ports and garden rooms. We also provide pergolas, gazebos, porches, and ancillary outbuildings. We design and build some fantastic buildings for interesting clients.
The right person would ideally fit in with the other members of staff here, have a driving license or be local enough to get to work easily.
Knowledge of Sketch Up and CAD would be preferred.
Role and responsibilities
- Designing and producing Sketch Up images
- Preparing & Submitting quotes for our clients in a timely and efficient manner
- Data inputting using a CRM
- Regular communication with sales and design departments
- Answering the phone when necessary
- Responding to customers questions via email or the telephone.
- Calculating the cost of materials, transport, labour and equipment hire
- Some knowledge of timber frames such as trusses, beams, posts etc.
- Knowledge of Sketch Up or a similar programme and be willing to train.
· Ability to read and understand construction drawings · Knowledge of timber frame construction and materials.
- Understanding plans/drawings on paper and digital with a good eye for detail
- Experience and a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Good communication skills when dealing with both colleagues and clients.
- Have a willingness to learn.
- Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Organised and methodical.
- A team player.
If you think you fulfil the requirements of this role, then we want to hear from you. Job training will be provided.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From £25,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Performance bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Yeovil: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- A-Level or equivalent (required)
Work Location: In person
Reference ID: Trainee Estimator/Designer
Every January we have to deal with the increase in timber prices from the sawmills who supply us with the lovely oak beams we use to create the designs you can see here on our web pages. SO to avoid those extra costs if you have a design that you are looking at building this year then please contact us for a quote to secure last years price.